Swinneys donate $1 million to IPTAY

Head Coach Dabo Swinney and his wife Kathleen made a $1 million donation to IPTAY on Tuesday. The news was first reported on Clemson football’s official Instagram account and Swinney released a statement soon after.
“I love Clemson, and I believe in our program, and I feel like Clemson has been pulling for me since that first game in 2008,” Swinney said in that statement. “Kathleen and I are blessed, and we have always known we need to use those blessings to do good for others. It’s so important to us that we give back to this program that has been so good to us.” The money the Swinney’s gave will be used to continue to fund future projects IPTAY has planned.
However, the coach emphasized the importance of the young men who are in the program rather than the program itself. “No matter how much we win on the field, my passion is building and empowering successful young men through the game of football,” Swinney said.
IPTAY assists in this by offering millions in scholarships for student-athletes, thanks in large part to donations like these.