Let me see you workout (to this playlist)

As age creeps further and further along the ultimate timeline, working out gets harder and harder. So, in an effort to keep you healthy and well enough that you can keep reading The Tiger, here is the perfect workout playlist to get you through an hour of gym grind.
“Remember the Name” by Fort Minor
To get pumped up for a warm up ride, walk, run or whatever else, listen to the song that inspired Jaden Smith to master karate with the ever-patient Jackie Chan. With this, you too will be able to beat your foes one day.
“Old Thing Back” by Matoma and the Notorious B.I.G
Now we move into the more popular top 40 songs to get your body up and moving in the phase of your workout where it just wants to stop. Five minutes is not a long enough workout, so go get that old thing back. And by old thing back, we mean the ability to run a mile without wheezing, which you’ve mysteriously lost since gaining that notorious freshman 15.
“Confident” by Demi Lovato
The name says it all. Do you want to feel confident about how you look and feel? Keep working out!
“Same Old Love” by Selena Gomez
Are you sick of where you are in life right now? As Selena puts it: that same old love? Put that feeling into your workout!
“Ride Wit Me” by Nelly
Especially good for those bike riders just starting to feel the burn after the first ten minutes; just ride with Nelly and trust he’ll get you through this workout.
“Potential Breakup Song” by Aly and AJ
What better motivation to workout than making your ex regret ever breaking up with you? The best revenge, after all, is having a fantastic body.
“Rock of Ages” by Def Leppard
Now let’s throw it back even further, to before we were born, and power through with this old rock legend. Let them guide you through your wheezing breaths and aching muscles spasms.
“Smokin’ in the Boy’s Room” by Mötley Crüe
Keep on the train of old rock songs to encourage you to stay rock solid. Maybe don’t go and smoke in the boy’s room if you’re looking to build up some endurance, but use the pumping tune and rebellious attitude of the song to hype you up.
“War” by Edwin Starr
OK, I swear this is the last rock song. Just listen to it and tell me you aren’t ready to run a marathon.
“Welcome to the Jungle” by Guns N’ Roses
OK, I lied. This is the last rock song. I promise.
“Come on Eileen” by the Dexy Midnight Runners
This calmer song builds up gradually over the course of the melody and will end up making you run or pump faster than you ever thought you would.
“This Is Gospel” by Panic! at the Disco
One of my all time favorite workout songs, this one gives you a slower start to catch your breath a bit then starts speeding up and getting more exciting. Forget “I Write Sins Not Tragedies”, give this Panic! song a try in your workout line-up.
“Hollywood” by RAC featuring Penguin Prison
This lesser known song is a piece of high pace, workout inspiring music, where you won’t even realize you’re working out because you’re spending the whole time wondering what this song is.
“When the Sun Rises” by Stoplight Observations
Right after the first song you don’t know, turn right into another one. Over the course of these two, you’ll be so distracted by the fact that you don’t know all the lyrics that you’ll run a mile without a second thought.
“Work From Home” by Fifth Harmony
Getting back to what makes the top 40 charts, this song makes you feel more empowered than you actually are 40 minutes into your workout.
“My Sweet Summer” by The Dirty Heads
And now to finish out your workout, listen to a bit of angst. I mean, who wouldn’t have a little pent up angst by this point in their workout?
*******
Now you have to cool down after that intense, wonderfully scored workout. So, to keep your mind racing but slow your heart down, here are four great songs to finish out any workout.
“Reflections” by MisterWives
This song makes you feel strong and empowered, even when all you want to do is lay down. DON’T DO IT!
“Morocco” by Moon Taxi
Remember two years ago when Moon Taxi came to Clemson? Reflect on your great memories instead of your panting breath.
“Goodnight Chicago” by Rainbow Kitten Surprise
Don’t be thrown off by the name, RKS rocks. Plus, it’s nice to focus on fun new songs during your cool down as opposed to the terrible last hour.
“Sweet Disposition” by The Temper Trap
What a nice way to end your workout. It’ll leave you with a sweet disposition. Now go take a shower. You smell gross.
Good luck in working out and have fun listening to these awesome tunes, some old and maybe some new. Rock on, Tigers.

“Remember the Name” by Fort Minor

“Confident” by Demi Lovato

“Same Old Love” by Selena Gomez

“Ride Wit Me” by Nelly

“Potential Breakup Song” by Aly and AJ

“Rock of Ages” by Def Leppard

“War” by Edwin Starr

“This Is Gospel” by Panic! at the Disco

This lesser known song is a piece of high pace, workout inspiring music,  where you won’t even realize you’re working out because you’re spending the whole time wondering what this song is.

“Work From Home” by Fifth Harmony

“My Sweet Summer” by The Dirty Heads

“Reflections” by MisterWives

“Morocco” by Moon Taxi

“Sweet Disposition” by The Temper Trap