Cottages Shooting Incident

Daniel Heath Dixon was charged with accessory after the fact in connection with the Cottages shooting incident.

The Pickens County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a shooting that left a Tri-County Tech student injured during an altercation at a party on Saturday night.

Deputies were dispatched to the Cottages of Clemson apartment complex off of Smoke Rise Drive in Central, SC shortly after midnight after receiving reports of gunfire.

When deputies arrived on scene, a 21-year-old victim was found with a gunshot wound to the neck and head area. He was transported to a local hospital where he underwent surgery and is expected to survive.

“[The victim] is one of the most kind hearted and genuine friends anyone could have. What happened last night was devastating to so many people, but God was definitely looking out for him. Prayers for him as he recovers are greatly appreciated.” said Aubrey Wood, who is friends with the victim.

Witnesses say that the victim and the shooter were attending a party being held at 102 Sunrise Lane, which is located inside the Cottages complex.

According to the sheriff’s office, a crowd of 500 to 1000 people were present when a physical confrontation erupted. The victim was on the ground when one round was discharged by the suspect, striking him.

Deputies recovered a 9mm handgun at the scene and believe they have identified the suspected gunman. His name has not yet been released pending additional investigation.

However, deputies have charged 21-year-old Daniel Heath Dixon with accessory after the fact in connection to the incident. He was arrested on Sunday and is currently being held on a $15,000 bond at the Pickens County Detention Center.

We will continue to update this story as it develops.