Clemson City Police searching for suspects linked to reported armed carjacking

Clemson City Police have taken one suspect into custody and are looking for another in connection to a carjacking that took place late Tuesday afternoon.

The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office received a call around 5:52p.m. regarding a reported carjacking in which a black 2006 Ford Mustang was taken along with the victim’s purse near the intersection of Hobson Street and Cornelia Avenue. There had reportedly been a minor accident that occurred before the vehicle was taken.

The victim told deputies that the suspect was armed with a handgun and took off in the Mustang. The Sheriff’s Office issued an alert to surrounding agencies.

Clemson City Police located the stolen Mustang at a business near Highway 93 at Highway 76, but the suspects fled on foot from the scene.

Investigators say that one suspect, a Hispanic male, has been taken into custody. Officers are still looking for a second suspect, who appears to be Caucasian and is possibly wearing a blue coat and tan pants. The male has short, dark hair and is possibly in his mid-20’s.

If you have any information or see someone matching the description of this second suspect, you are asked to call the Oconee County Sheriff’s Office at 864-638-4111.

We will continue to update this story as it develops.