Clemson women’s golf to kick off season in California

Unsplash
The Clemson women’s golf team is ready to kick off its season, hoping to bring home another ACC Championship.

The Clemson women’s golf team will head to Palos Verdes Golf Club in California this weekend to start its spring season as defending ACC champions.

Ranked No. 15 nationally, the Tigers will compete in the field of the top 15 programs in the Therese Hession Regional Challenge, beginning on Sunday.

The Tigers are set for five tournaments before the ACC Championship in April, and they begin their spring season coming off a dominant fall. Most notably, the team successfully wrapped up in late October when they tied for first with fellow ACC opponent Duke at 21-under for the Oct. 27-29 weekend.

With NCAA championship winner Wake Forest in the mix for the spring competition, Clemson will have to play its best game to keep up with the competitive conference.

Clemson is expected to continue its winning momentum after an active offseason. Since the team’s first-ever conference championship in April 2023, head coach Kelley Hester was named ACC Coach of the Year. Former Clemson golfer Savannah Grewal has now joined the LPGA Tour, making space for the top spot on the Clemson roster.

Six veterans will be returning this spring, including All-ACC player Annabelle Pancake.

Pancake sported four top 10 finishes last season, including a first-place finish at the Clemson Invitational. She took the fourth place spot in the ACC championship tournament, the highest from a Clemson women’s golfer at any conference event.

Juniors Chloe Holder, Katherine Schuster and Melena Barrientos will also return alongside sophomores Isabella Rawl and Sydney Roberts. New to the roster is freshman Ivy Schulze, an Anderson, South Carolina, native.

With just five spots open for the tournament, it is still unknown who will sit out this weekend for the Tigers.

The tournament will take place in Palos Verdes Estates, California, from Sunday through Tuesday. Live updates for the Therese Hession Regional can be found on the team’s social media accounts.