Clemson basketball adds three-star recruit

Kim Montuoro, Contributor

Clemson men’s basketball head coach Brad Brownell stands along the sideline of Littlejohn Coliseum. 

Clemson men’s basketball has added to its 2022 recruiting class, as former Baylor commit Dillon Hunter announced his commitment to the Tigers on Wednesday.  

A three-star recruit out of Sunrise Christian Acadamy in Wichita, Kansas, Dillon Hunter is a 6-foot-3 point guard that is the fourth addition to Clemson’s 2022 class. He is ranked as the No. 127 overall prospect, according to On3’s 2022 Consensus.   

Dillon Hunter decommitted from Baylor on April 18, two days prior to selecting the Tigers.

He publicized his decision to join the Tigers with a social media post posing alongside his brother, Chase Hunter, who is a current member of Clemson’s team.

Dillon Hunter is set to join Chauncey Gibson, Chauncey Wiggins and RJ Godfrey as part of Clemson’s 2022-23 freshman class. According to 247Sports Composite, Clemson now has the 27th-best recruiting 2022 class in the nation, good for eighth in the ACC. 

The addition of Dillon Hunter occurred one day after Princeton transfer Jaelin Llewellyn re-opened his commitment seven days after committing to the Tigers on April 12. Llewellyn’s decommitment came shortly after Clemson assistant coaches Antonio Reynolds Dean and Kareem Richardson left the program for other opportunities.  

Dillon Hunter’s commitment helps fill the hole that Al-Amir Dawes, Nick Honor and David Collins all created with their departures.