Clemson lands top 2023 quarterback recruit

Caleb Browder, Contributor

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney smiles during his team’s game with Boston College in 2022. 

Clemson has landed 2023 four-star quarterback Christopher Vizzina, who committed to the Tigers on Tuesday. 

Vizzina chose the Tigers over Auburn, Ole Miss, Ohio State, Georgia and Notre Dame.   

The decision comes after Vizzina received multiple crystal ball projections to Clemson, per 247Sports. 

The 6-foot-4 207 lb. Signal-caller is ranked as the No. 52 player in the class of 2023, No. 7 QB and the No. 7 player in Alabama, according to 247Sports Composite.  

Vizzina’s commitment is a big one for the Tigers, as he was the team’s top prospect at the position after Clemson fell out of the Arch Manning sweepstakes.  

Vizzina adds to Clemson’s success of recruiting highly touted quarterbacks in recent years, such as five-star DJ Uiagalelei and five-star Cade Klubnik. 

Similar to Klubnik and Uiagalelei, Vizzina plans to enroll at Clemson early, joining the team as a mid-year enrollee in the spring of 2023.