An update on Clemson transfer Nick Honor

Caleb Browder, Senior Photographer
Clemson guard Nick Honor (4) faces off against a Duke defender in Littlejohn Coliseum on Feb. 10, 2022.
Coming off a 17-16 season, Clemson basketball point guard Nick Honor entered the transfer portal in March and numerous teams have already expressed interest.
In just a short time after entering the transfer portal, multiple schools across the country have already expressed their interest in the rising senior. Numerous schools including South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Minnesota, SMU, Missouri and Vanderbilt have all shown interest in having Honor play for their program, according to CBS college basketball insider Jon Rothstein.
Honor transferred to Clemson in 2019, and in 2018, he was on the all-rookie team in the Atlantic 10. The junior guard has one year left of eligibility that he will likely play elsewhere.
In 33 games with the Tigers last season, the 5-foot-10 guard started in 25 games and averaged 7.7 PPG, 1.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game.
In the 2019 – 2020 season Honor was awarded ACC Academic Honor Roll, and in the 2020-2021 season Honor was selected to the All-ACC Academic Team.
In addition to Honor entering the transfer portal, fellow Clemson guard Al-Amir Dawes entered the transfer portal on April 5.
If both guards transfer, the Tigers would lose two valuable assets to the team, forcing head coach Brad Brownell to reassess his team’s playing time and rotations. In addition to the potential loss of Honor and Dawes, the Tigers take a hit losing their senior players, David Collins and Naz Bohannon.