Sexual assault awareness month events

SAAM
SAAM

The month of April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) on Clemson’s campus and across the country. Approaching is the 50th anniversary of Title IX, a federal civil rights law that prohibits sex-based discrimination in any institution that receives funding from the federal government.
Student Affairs has teamed up with the Office of Access and Equity in presenting initiatives related to sexual and interpersonal violence awareness. There has been a campus wide commitment from Clemson’s student body in hosting these initiatives.
The Interpersonal Violence Prevention Office hosted the very first YES Fest on Friday, April 1 in the Carillon Garden. This event helped to spread awareness in showcasing multiple resources surrounding healthy relationships with a supportive Clemson community.
To raise sexual violence awareness Clemson Interpersonal Violence Response is hosting events throughout the month including:

• SAAM Response Forum – April 6 from 5-6:30 p.m. in the McKissick Theatre where student can meet on-campus response representatives and ask questions in real-time about the services that they provide to student survivors of sexual violence. 
  • SAAM Climb Night – April 12 from 4-8 p.m. at the Fike Climbing Wall. Students can scale the Fike Climbing Wall while learning more about sexual assault statistics and survivor barriers among others. 
  • Trauma Conscious Yoga – April 20 from 4-5:30 p.m. at the Almeda J. Jacks Ballrooms where a yoga class will combines taking care of the mind and body and the importance of choice.