Former Tiger wins Super Bowl LVI

David Perez, Contributor

Former Clemson offensive tackle Treymayne Anchrum Jr. won Super Bowl LVI on Feb. 13, 2022, giving the Tigers another Super Bowl champion.

Former Clemson offensive lineman Tremayne Anchrum Jr. was declared a world champion on Sunday, winning Super Bowl LVI.
Now a Los Angeles Ram, Anchrum was one of seven inactives for the team on Sunday, but will still receive a ring. According to Pro Football Reference, Anchrum never saw the field this season. 
The former Clemson right tackle was drafted by the Rams in the seventh round in the 2020 NFL draft and won a national championship in 2018.
Meanwhile, three other Tigers left SoFi Stadium in defeat. 
Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins, defensive tackle D.J. Reader and offensive guard Jackson Carman all had influential roles with Cincinnati, but ultimately could not come out with a win. 
Despite the loss, Higgins had many crucial plays, catching four passes for 100 yards and two touchdowns, one of which was a 75-yard score on the first play of the second half. 
His first score was a six-yard receiving touchdown in the second quarter, which was the first touchdown scored by a Clemson offensive player in Super Bowl history. 
Although Carman did not start for Cincinnati, Reader’s talent was on display throughout the game.
Reader, who was originally a fifth round pick by the Texans, started in all four playoff games for the Bengals and had several key plays.
With 3:35 left in the third quarter, Reader sacked Rams’ quarterback Matthew Stafford and forced a Rams punt. 
Although Higgins, Reader and Carman were just shy of a championship, the Rams’ win gives Anchrum a ring and Clemson another Super Bowl champion.