Tigers in the NFL: Week 9

Davis Stevens, Contributor

Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence (16) scrambles during the 2019 Fiesta Bowl against the Ohio State Buckeyes on Jan. 1, 2019

With the 2022 NFL regular season halfway finished, former Clemson Tigers have continued to play at a high level. 
Here is how some of those former Tigers performed in Week 9. 
Travis Etienne Jr., Running back, Jacksonville Jaguars
Etienne continued to flourish after earning the starting job for Jacksonville, rushing for 109 yards on 28 attempts, as well as catching two passes for 17 yards. The tailback also found the end zone twice, with the second time being the go-ahead score in the fourth quarter against the Las Vegas Raiders. 
As the Jaguars snap a five-game losing streak, Etienne will continue to be a workhorse for Jacksonville.
Isaiah Simmons, Linebacker, Arizona Cardinals
Simmons continues to string together quality performances, shining yet again against the Seattle Seahawks. The third-year linebacker had eight total tackles (one for loss), one sack and a quarterback hit. 
DeAndre Hopkins, Wide receiver, Arizona Cardinals
Hopkins had another solid performance in his third game back from suspension, catching four of his five targets for 36 yards and a touchdown. 
Although having a quieter game than he had in his first few games this season, the Cardinals know who to call on offense if touchdowns are needed, as Hopkins has made up for the time he has missed with his production.
Trevor Lawrence, Quarterback, Jacksonville Jaguars
Lawrence completed 80.7% of his passes against the Raiders, completing 25 of 31 pass attempts for 235 yards and one touchdown. The second-year signal caller also used his legs at times, running six times for 53 yards.
Along with Etienne, Lawrence rallied back from a 17-0 deficit and scored 20 unanswered points to give the Jaguars the road victory.
Christian Wilkins, Defensive tackle, Miami Dolphins
Christian Wilkins continues to be a defensive force for Miami, recording six tackles in the Dolphins’ win against the Chicago Bears. The nose tackle was able to limit quarterback Justin Fields and the Bears’ offense just enough to earn a close win. Look for Wilkins to continue to lead once more in the latter half of the season.