Fashion Club fever

Clemson Fashion Club’s most recent event on Saturday, Oct. 8, Coffee and Consignment, found success as members met up on Bowman Field for a chance to thrift and meet new people. Starting off at 10 a.m. on Bowman Field, members and friends met up for croissants, drank coffee and mingled before heading out to thrift shops around the Clemson area. Around 1:30 p.m., everyone met back up to show what they got and see what everyone else found.  
Clemson Fashion Club is a first-year organization founded as a way to unite students through their interest of fashion. As president of Clemson Fashion Club and junior marketing major Kate Thomas explains, this club is “the first installation of fashion on campus,” opening up fun opportunities for people interested in clothes, style and creativity. Vice president and sophomore marketing major Ava Miralles explains, “being a part of this club encourages wearing the clothes I want around campus,” and the club encourages many others to follow suit.
Priya Singh, a sophomore graphic communications major, reflected on the experience saying, “It was really fun and it felt like a really good community; everyone got along so easily with each other [and were] very supportive.”
Caleb Lyles, a junior architecture major, states “I really enjoyed my time… Going thrifting with everyone, you just felt like everyone loved experiencing everything, finding new stuff, [and seeing] each other getting something new”.
For anyone interested in joining, Clemson Fashion Club is planning to hold many more events this fall. Creative workshops will be held in Cooper Library’s Adobe Center on Thursday, Oct. 13, and Monday, Oct. 17 at 1 pm. They plan to teach members how to use Adobe Illustrator to design graphics for stickers, shirts, bags, etc. On Nov. 10, you can check out their collaboration with the Asian Student Association to see Asian cultural fashion and make collage boards.