Tiger Briefs

Chick-Fil-A and Panda Express now scheduled to open Nov. 1

According to Student Senator Felder Fogle during the Clemson Undergraduate Student Government meeting on Oct. 24, the newly renovated Chick-Fil-A and Panda Express restaurants located on-campus in the Hendrix Student Center will now be scheduled to open on Nov. 1. Kathy Hobgood, the associate vice president for auxiliary enterprises, spoke at the Sept. 19 meeting and stated that the opening has been delayed for over a month. This might lead to legal recourse from the University, which could include mitigation, liquidated damages and other legal action. This is a University decision, not Hobgood’s.

30th Habitat for for Humanity house complete

On Oct. 21, the Habitat for Humanity house structure and shell was completed at the end of Clemson’s Homecoming Week. For over five days, a team of Clemson student volunteers built the house structure for the Habitat for Humanity organization. This year’s house is the 30th house built by Clemson volunteers, which is now permanently set on Burns Hill Road, in Liberty, SC.

Parking Services and Municipal Court to move to Gentry Hall

Clemson has moved forward with a plan to move parking services and the Clemson University Municipal Court across Highway 93 to Gentry Hall. On Oct. 17, Clemson University Facilities asked the Clemson City Council to allow a conditional use in the CM district, where Gentry Hall is located, to allow the service to be moved there. The council responded favorably and scheduled a hearing.