Now with hometown team, Galloway feels like he’s a perfect fit for Tigers

During this offseason, Clemson men’s basketball saw many familiar faces exit from the team — five to be exact. But as old faces left, new faces arrived, including transfer guard Brevin Galloway.  
Although the former Boston College Eagle may not be a household name for Clemson fans, Clemson is a household name to him.
Galloway is entering his seventh and last year of college basketball this season with his hometown team.
He grew up a Clemson fan his whole life after being raised in Anderson, S.C., a short 20-minute drive from campus, and his brother, Braden, is a former Clemson football player.
Prior to arriving at Clemson University, Galloway played for the College of Charleston and Boston College, where he left his mark offensively, mainly from behind the three-point line.
With his experience and ability, Galloway is confident in his role.
“I think with the team we have this year and the guys we have, I think I’ll be able to pretty much show I can do everything,” he said on Tuesday. “I’m really excited to get out there and just show my whole skill.”
In his career, the 6-foot-3, 210-pound shooting guard has averaged 8.8 points per game while shooting 38.9% from the field, including 32.8% from three.
With the addition of Galloway, Clemson adds a veteran leader with a robust skill set who knows what it takes to be successful.
In his lone season at Boston College, he played an instrumental role in elevating the Eagles’ win total by nine games and led the team to the quarterfinals of the ACC basketball tournament.
Galloway’s short time as a Tiger has caught the attention of veteran forward Hunter Tyson, who played against Galloway multiple times.
“He loves Clemson, loves being in Clemson and loves being a Clemson basketball player,” Tyson said. “That was his dream his whole life.”
Although this will be the first season Galloway plays under head coach Brad Brownell, Galloway should expect to see a lot of overlap from a systematic standpoint from his time at Boston College.
“Defensively, it’s the same kind of schemes and same concepts,” Galloway said. “Offensively, it’s a little bit more organized because we have more sets, and we have more offensive plays… So I feel like I fit in perfectly, and I think it’s just been good since day one.”
This season will be Galloway’s last, but it represents a lifelong dream that he will start to fulfill on Nov. 7 when he dons a Clemson jersey for the first time in his career.