Shipley and McFadden collect ACC Player of the Week honors

Katie Bradham, Senior Photographer

Clemson running back Will Shipley (1) talks with his teammates during the Tigers’ game vs. Louisiana Tech in Memorial Stadium on Sept. 17, 2022.

Clemson running back Will Shipley and left tackle Jordan McFadden have once again collected ACC Player of the Week honors for their respective positions.  
The awards come after their strong performances against the Syracuse Orange on Saturday. 
In the 27-21 win, Shipley rushed for 172 yards on 27 attempts, averaging 6.4 yards per carry. He also contributed three receptions for an additional 17 yards. 
To further his case, Shipley also scored two of the Tigers’ three touchdowns against the Orange.
He was responsible for both times the Tigers took the lead over Syracuse, first with a 1-yard touchdown on second-and-goal in the first quarter and then a 50-yard run to the end zone in the fourth quarter.
“It was a ton of fun,” Shipley said of his longest run of the season. “It’s what you always want to do as a running back is break a long one, so you know I saw the hole open up, took advantage of the opportunity, was finally able to put on the burners a little.”
Shipley could not have found that gap without the help of Clemson’s offensive line. McFadden proved crucial in the fourth quarter as the Tigers depended on their run game to overcome an 11-point deficit. 
McFadden could very well be the reason why 33 of the Tiger’s 57 rushing plays ran down the left side of the field—according to Pro Football Focus, the fifth-year senior graded 89.1 on his run blocking, creating those opportunities for Clemson to have a season-high 293 rushing yards. 
This is McFadden’s second time earning ACC Offensive Lineman of the week this season, which now gives him and Shipley a combined five ACC Player of the Week titles for 2022. 
The two key offensive players will return to the field on Nov. 5 against Notre Dame in South Bend, Ind.