Aamir Simms takes next step in basketball career

Caleb Browder, Photo Editor

Former Clemson forward Aamir Simms warms up prior to the Tigers’ Dec. 15, 2019 matchup with the South Carolina Gamecocks at Littlejohn Coliseum.

Former Clemson forward Aamir Simms has begun the next chapter in his hoops journey — playing overseas basketball.
After a one-year stint with the Westchester Knicks, the New York Knicks’ G-League affiliate team, Simms announced in July that he was signing with Paris Basketball club of France’s Betclic Élite league
“I’m so excited to be joining Paris Basketball,” Simms said. “I want to thank the organization for this opportunity. I’m ready to get to work and to show how I can impact the ball on both sides.” 
Although it’s not the NBA, the LNB Pro A is France’s top league that has featured NBA all-stars like Tony Parker and Rudy Gobert in the past. 
Through Paris’ first two games of the season, the former Tiger scored 13.5 points per game, on top of grabbing 6.5 rebounds per game.
In Paris’ first game of the season against JL Bourg Basket, Simms had 15 points and shot an impressive 5-5 on the floor and 2-2 at the free throw line in just 20 minutes of play.
Despite Simms’ double-digit scoring effort, Paris fell 102-99 in overtime last week due to a struggling offense that coughed up 22 turnovers, three of which were by Simms. 
Simms and the rest of the Paris Basketball will face Blois on Saturday at 2 p.m. local time, 8 a.m. EST.