ESPN’s College GameDay coming to Clemson for NC State game

Caleb Browder, Alum

The Clemson Tigers raise their helmets prior to their 2019 game against the North Carolina Tar Heels. The Tigers nearly escaped defeat at the hands of the Tar Heels with a 21-20 win.

ESPN’s College GameDay show will take a trip to Clemson on Saturday ahead of the matchup between No. 5 Clemson and No. 10 NC State, Clemson Athletics announced on Sunday.
The famous pregame show featuring Rece Davis, Desmond Howard, Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, David Pollack and Pat McAfee is expected to take place on Bowman Field from 9 a.m. to noon. 
Clemson encourages those wanting to attend the GameDay set to follow ClemsonTigers.com and Clemson’s social media channels throughout the week. 
Slated to kick off at 7:30 p.m., the matchup between the Tigers and the Wolfpack feature two of the top teams in the country. 
The Tigers are coming off a double-overtime win over Wake Forest , while the Wolfpack handled their business against UConn in dominant fashion. 
Clemson last hosted College GameDay in 2020, and due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it had to be hosted inside Memorial Stadium with no fans. 
The last time it was held on Bowman Field was in 2016, when Clemson won against Louisville, which was ranked No. 3 at the time. 
The Tigers are 18-11 all-time when playing in College GameDay’s featured contest. 
Information from Clemson Communications contributed to this report.