For Film!: Clemson Film Club to host second annual Student Film Festival

Clemson Film Club // Provided
Members of Film Club pose on the red carpet at the 2022 festival.

Clemson Film Club expanded the scope of its second annual Student Film Festival to an all-day event intended to celebrate student work and provide networking opportunities to participants and attendees.
Beginning at 10:30 a.m. in McKissick Theater with screenings of the 18 student-submitted short films and concluding with an industry panel and a panel featuring Clemson alumni in Hendrix Ballroom B set to end around 3:30 p.m., the all-day affair will break until 7:30 p.m. when a red carpet award ceremony will be held in Tillman Hall.
After the success of their first-ever festival in the spring of 2022, Film Club members made it a point to return with a bang their second time around.
“This festival is meant for anyone who likes film in any capacity and wants to learn about it and get more involved in the university’s film scene or just come and enjoy some student films,” club President Savannah Gambrell explained. “We had a great time putting this on last year, and this year is looking to be even better.”
Clemson Dholna, Clemson’s premier Bollywood fusion dance team, and Connor Chase, a local musician, will be performing.
A collection of star-studded guest presenters will include Clemson world cinema alums and faculty joining the show’s host, alumnus Blake Wright. Award categories include best acting in a drama, best acting in a comedy, best directing, best cinematography and best short, among others. The award show dress code is red carpet formal.