Lost city discovered under Dockside

Jackson Copeland // Art Editor

A digital rendering of what the lost city might have looked like based on the uncovered remains.

Due to a recent spell of flooding among Clemon’s off-campus housing options, some of the properties underwent archeological excavation, which led to the uncovering of many terrifying secrets.
On spring break, the Dockside apartment complex was dredged by Bridge kids. This is part of a new initiative the University is implementing, requiring Bridge students to collect community service hours before being allowed into Clemson.
While investigating Dockside’s property, an entire deserted apartment complex was discovered hiding underneath. It is unclear if this lost city simply sank under the weight of so many false promises or was flooded because of the many safety concerns in the building’s foundation.
Although Dockside management is declining to comment, experts have made their own inferences.
“Our theory is that Dockside has flooded so much historically, we have a ‘Lost City of Atlantis’ situation going on,” the dig leader said.
Scuba divers found what appeared to be ancient burst pipes and even a sign declaring the lost city an “unsafe structure.” It all sounds very familiar.
Residents spoke out as well.
“It was easily the most disgusting thing I have ever seen,” one sophomore said. “We saw, all underwater, an entire other Dockside that we can only assume was abandoned long ago because it was too dangerous.”
Those who are part of the project are still working to uncover more of the ruins. Still, regardless of what remains to be found, one thing is for sure: you would be better off camping out on Bowman than living at Dockside.