Trevor Lawrence Performs in the Pro Bowl Games

Caleb Browder // Alumnus

Clemson alumnus Trevor Lawrence celebrates the Tigers’ 2019 National Championship victory over the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Clemson had two players participate in the Pro Bowl Games this year: quarterback Trevor Lawrence from the Jacksonville Jaguars and defensive lineman Dexter Lawrence from the New York Giants.

The Pro Bowl Games looked a bit different this year. Traditionally, the Pro Bowl consisted of one normal football game. This year, the Pro Bowl Games featured a variety of positional challenges as well as three flag football games, the last of which decided which conference, the NFC or the AFC, won the event.

The challenges took place between Thursday, Feb. 2, and Sunday, Feb. 5. Trevor Lawrence participated in the precision passing challenge on Thursday, as well as playing the entirety of the second flag football game. Although he placed fifth among the six quarterbacks competing in the precision passing, he did help the AFC win the challenge, earning three points.  

In the second flag football game, Lawrence led the AFC to the only matchup the conference won, with an 18-13 victory. He finished that game completing six of 11 passes for 82 yards and two touchdowns, but he also threw a pick-six. 

Dexter Lawrence did not compete in many challenges for the NFC. His greatest impact was on Team 2 for the NFC in the Move the Chains challenge, where players were tasked with removing heavy weights from a wall and then dragging the wall 10 yards.  

Each conference had three teams, and the conference that won the challenge in two of the three teams won three points. Unfortunately for the Giants defensive lineman, the NFC did not win this challenge.

Ultimately, Lawrence and the AFC ultimately came up short, thanks to the NFC winning the final flag football game by a score of 35-33. He still went home with $42,000 for making it to the playoffs, while Lawrence and all of the NFC players each took home $84,000 for winning the Pro Bowl Games.