Bringing The Eras Tour to Clemson

Avery Mock
Swifties living out their wildest dreams at the Eras Night.

On Aug. 25, The Swift Society brought Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour to downtown Clemson with their Eras Night event at 356 Sushi & Bar. The playlist for the evening covered the span of Taylor Swift’s discography.

The event uniquely opened up 356 to the under-21 crowd, and the turnout reflects the large population of underage Clemson students looking for fun Friday night plans.

When asked about the massive turn-out to The Eras Nights, The Swift Society President True Liles said, “I was not expecting that many people to show up at all, like it’s still mind-blowing to think about.”

Liles says that the club found inspiration from Taylor Swift nights that have been happening around the country at different schools.

“But we wanted it to have a cool name, and since The Eras Tour had just been announced, what’s a more fitting name than ‘Eras Night’?”

Walking into the bar, one stumbled upon pink balloons, fans dressed in different album eras and Swift-themed drinks for the 21-plus crowd. The cocktails are created by the 356 manager, Madie Lee. Anyone under 21 was able to enter until 11 p.m.

The Swift Society worked to make Eras Night a fun, carefree environment for those in attendance.

“Some come in an eras tour t-shirt, others dressed as their favorite era and some even wear the outfit they wore to the concert,” Liles said of the event’s attendees.

Previous events include the Swiftie Silent Disco and a movie night. There have been four Taylor Swift Nights at 356, and the club will continue to have them for the foreseeable future.

Additionally, the society will host more events, including an interest meeting for new members and a celebration of Swift’s new album.

“With 1989 Taylor’s Version release day quickly approaching, you know we have to do something to celebrate the best pop album of all time!” Liles said, “…Are you ready for it?”