‘The Summer I Turned Pretty’: Season 2 review

Amazon // Courtesy
The second season of the Amazon Original takes the summer by storm.

The sun is shining, you’ve just taken your last final and you’re heading to your favorite place in the entire world. This is how Belly Conklin feels heading to Cousins Beach in the adaptation of Jenny Han’s “The Summer I Turned Pretty.”

The first season of “The Summer I Turned Pretty” took the world by storm. Based on the novels written by Jenny Han, the Amazon Prime television series follows the story of best friends Laurel and Susannah and their four kids. In season one, Belly is caught in a love triangle between Susannah’s two sons, Jeremiah and Conrad, but ends with a kiss from Conrad Fisher, her childhood crush.

The second season is an emotional rollercoaster full of flashbacks that navigate Susannah’s fight with cancer, Belly and Conrad’s relationship and the rocky friendship between Belly and Jeremiah. The producers of the series did an excellent job keeping the series aligned with the novels, which is appealing to all of the fans who fell in love with the characters long before Amazon decided to create a series.

The realistic notions of coming of age, the pressures of heartbreak, young love and losing the one you love most make both seasons irresistible and captivating. Viewers will feel all the feels.

Are you team Conrad, team Belly or team Jeremiah? That’s for you to find out!