Clemson lacrosse gears up for fall ball

Ashleigh Snyder // Photo Editor
Clemson women’s lacrosse kicks off its fall ball this weekend against the England National Team.

The Clemson women’s lacrosse team is looking to tune up for its second season as the Tigers’ seven-game fall ball schedule begins on Sunday.

The first three matchups will be played at the LoConte Family Field at the Snow Outdoor Fitness and Wellness Complex, where club and intramural teams can typically be found, followed by three in Savannah, Georgia, and the final in Charleston, South Carolina.

Starting on Oct. 8, Clemson will host the England National Team at 11 a.m. The following weekend, on the 14th, the Tigers will compete in a doubleheader, starting with Mercer at 10 a.m. and Queens College close behind at 11 a.m.

Clemson will then hit the road for a two-day series against the University of Florida on Oct. 21-22, with games at 10 a.m. on both days. These matchups will likely be the most competitive of the fall schedule, as the Gators finished last season No. 9 in the nation and went 17-4 on the year.

Clemson will also play Liberty University on Oct. 21 at 11:30 a.m., immediately following its first game against Florida. To round out the month, the team will travel to Oceanside Collegiate Academy in Charleston on Oct. 28 to face Jacksonville.

This season, the Tigers return several standouts, such as senior midfielders Ella Little and Nakeeya McCardell, senior attacker Hanna Hilcoff and junior goalie Emily Lamparter, all of whom started every game in the spring.

Hilcoff led the team with 51 goals, while on the other end of the field, McCardell forced 15 turnovers to lead the defense. Little came first with 108 draw controls, and Lamparter helped the Tigers be 13th in the nation in save percentages.

The Tigers finished 12-6 last season with their only losses to top-20 ranked opponents. Clemson was also ranked in the top 25 for nine weeks straight.