New coffee shop coming to downtown: Summer Moon Coffee set to rise over Clemson

Griffin Cobb
The opening date for Summer Moon Coffee’s Clemson location is still unknown, but it’s sure to attract the town’s coffee lovers.

Summer Moon Coffee, a Texas-based coffee shop, is set to open a location on the intersection of College Avenue and Old Greenville Highway. The coffee shop replaces the Subway and adds to the expanding list of cafes in downtown Clemson.

Summer Moon prides itself on their traditional coffee roasting techniques but has built its menu around their signature “Moon Milk,” an in-house sweet cream made from seven ingredients, said to be a product of “midnight alchemy” on their website. They have a dairy-free “Moon Juice” that they can combine with alternative kinds of milk in order to create their signature drinks.

Besides their unique brand of coffee, Summer Moon will offer several food items sourced locally, as well as provide free Wi-Fi for customers.

Founded in Austin, Texas, back in 2002, Summer Moon has been expanding across its home state and beyond with over 50 currently operating shops, though they still roast their signature oak-fired coffee in Austin.

The exact opening date is still unknown, but the chain has shops in Simpsonville and Greenville, South Carolina.