Tiger Briefs

Miss Clemson University 2024 nominations close on Nov. 20

This year’s Miss Clemson University Pageant will be held on Feb. 17, 2024, at the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts. The pageant is a historic Clemson tradition that raises funds while providing the opportunity for contestants to receive scholarship awards. They welcome all student organizations to sponsor a contestant. The entry fee is $50, and contestants will compete in the following phases of competition: interview, talent, evening gown and onstage question.

Nominations are due by Nov. 20. Please send the name and email address of the person your organization is sponsoring to [email protected].

CUSG announces Transgender Day of Remembrance Vigil

On Nov. 13, the Transgender Day of Remembrance Vigil will be presented at Sikes Hall, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Transgender Day of Remembrance is an annual observance in memorial of the transgender lives lost in acts of anti-transgender violence. There will be student reflections, followed by a reading of names and a moment of hope, according to the Clemson Undergraduate Student Senate.

Study Abroad awards are now available to business students

The Wilbur O. and Ann Powers College of Business offers awards to assist with the expenses of an international experience with a College of Business-sponsored program. Awards range from $100-$1,000. The application is now open for spring 2024, and to find more information, go to the Clemson study abroad page and look at the “Finances” section on awards.

Clemson ASC is now hiring PAL leaders and tutors for spring 2024

The Academic Success Center is currently hiring PAL leaders and tutors at the ASC for the spring 2024 semester. Their leaders are all undergraduate students who have been successful in the course(s) they support, have strong communication and interpersonal skills and a desire to help their fellow students. Students can apply even if they are currently taking the course.