Meet the Editors: Avery Mock

Matt Mynes
Avery Mock is The Tiger’s new editor of the TimeOut section, currently working on obtaining her degree with a major in history and minor in communication.

Hello, y’all! My name is Avery Mock, and I am the TimeOut Editor for this upcoming semester. I have been with The Tiger since the fall of my sophomore year, and with each meeting, I fall more in love with the paper and this passion of mine.

I am from a small town in Houston, Texas (I know, so far). I came to Clemson for new experiences, an opportunity to connect with so many different people and, of course, the beautiful campus. While my freshman year was great, it was full of changes. I wasn’t sure exactly where I fit in here until I joined the newspaper.

At The Tiger, I have never laughed harder, even as our eyes grow sleepy and all of the words start to blur together on the computer screen on production nights. I adore working with people who care about the same things I do.

I’ve always joked that TimeOut is the “fun” section because we get to write about whatever interests the writer the most, whether that be pop culture, campus events, books or movies, clubs or coffee; the list could go on for pages. I love the creative aspect of TimeOut, where I really get to work out my brain and write about exciting people, places and things. Our work thrives on pages seven, eight and nine.

I am currently a history major, so writing and to-do lists are a huge part of my life. At The Tiger, I love to write about things big and small, whether that be a tour of Johnstone or holiday drink recipes. I hope to continue writing after college, possibly for a magazine or something in communication (who really knows what they want to do, anyway?).

Some of my favorite things include binge-watching TV shows, drinking way too much coffee and reading all of the BookTok fantasy series. My current obsession is The Hunger Games renaissance happening right now, along with Hozier’s recent album.

With the rest of my precious time here at Clemson, I cannot wait to continue exploring the arts and entertainment side of Clemson. Not to mention assigning your horoscope!

View Comments (2)