Tiger Briefs: Nov. 30

SikesHall+%28copy%29
David Ferrara // Alumnus
Sikes Hall

Student body president and vice president and Senate campaigning seasons to start soon

If any students are interested in running for an executive or legislative position on the Clemson Undergraduate Student Government, including student body president, vice president or Senate positions, they must attend one of the mandatory interest meetings to run.

The last two upcoming meetings for student body president and vice president are on Monday, Dec. 4, and Wednesday, Dec. 6, at 6:30 p.m. in Brackett 111.

The mandatory senate position meetings will take place next semester in February.

The CUSG elections committee created an Instagram, @cusg.elections, that will be updated throughout the year to include mandatory interest meeting dates and voting times. Reach out to Norah Train, the elections director, at [email protected] with any questions.

CUSG Campus Advancement to host inaugural Reindeer Run 5K

CUSG Campus Advancement is hosting its first inaugural Reindeer Run 5K event, which students and members of the Clemson community can attend free of charge. It will take place at the Clemson Botanical Gardens on Sunday, Dec. 3, at 2 p.m., and there will be a hot chocolate bar, photo booth and more for those who attend. Anyone participating can run with friends or individually.

Bataan Memorial Death March team tryouts to be conducted on Dec. 9

The Bataan Memorial Death March is a 26.2-mile course in White Sands, New Mexico, held on March 18, 2024. It is an annually held event to commemorate the World War II heroes who marched for days in the scorching heat through the Philippine jungles, CUSG told students in an email. For the winning team, the Bataan Memorial Death March Endowment will pay the expenses for the five-member team and alternate teammate. Anyone can participate on Dec. 9 at 6:40 a.m. starting at the Breezeway next to Memorial Stadium in C-7. People attending should wear any athletic clothing, bring a rucksack with 35 pounds and have a water source. Email Carter Campbell at [email protected].

Upcoming Clemson club wrestling matchups

On Dec. 2, the Clemson club wrestling team will face off against the University of South Carolina and Allen University, followed by Florida A&M on Dec. 9. Visit @clemsonwrestling on Instagram for updates on the location and times.