Train hits car stuck on tracks outside Clemson student living complexes

Justin Robertson
Multiple first responders, including fire department members and police, responded to the collision on Tuesday night.

A train struck a car outside of EPOCH Clemson Student Living and Harts Cove apartment complex in Seneca on Tuesday night, blocking traffic in and out of the two complexes off Clemson Boulevard for several hours.

Around 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, a car got stuck on train tracks on Jacobs Road, leading to a collision with an oncoming train, Corinth-Shiloh Fire Department Captain Cole Shirley told The Tiger.

There was no one inside the vehicle at the time of the collision, and there were no injuries or fatalities involved in the incident, Shirley said. The crash resulted in the car having significant damage to the hood and front windshield of the car. The vehicle was put on a tow truck at approximately 9:30 p.m.

The Tiger obtained a video of the actual collision:

There was no significant damage to the train, and Shirley added he expected it to be back moving sometime Tuesday night.

Multiple first responders were on-site, including police officers and the fire department.