Dead body discovered at The Reserve last month

Generic+Police
Scott Rodgerson, Unsplash
Clemson University Police Department and Clemson University Fire & EMS Department officers responded to the accident.

Authorities found a dead body in an apartment at The Reserve at Clemson late last month.

Central Police Department officers entered an apartment at The Reserve at approximately 12:09 a.m. on Feb. 24 and “located a black male laying in the chair (who) appeared to be deceased,” according to an incident report obtained by The Tiger.

Officers arrived at the scene after receiving a wellness call from a mother residing in Georgia to check in on her son since she had not heard from him since Feb. 19.

The responding officer attempted to make contact with the son, knocking and announcing his arrival at the door, but to no avail. The officer made contact with a neighbor who confirmed she hadn’t “seen or heard anything from the neighbor in about a week and a half,” the incident report detailed.

“She also stated that she and some other neighbors heard a loud noise come from that general area,” the officer said.

After responding to the scene, officers noticed a bedroom light on and located the male, who was sitting in a chair “with his head leaning back,” according to the report.

While officers continued their efforts to execute the welfare check, a courtesy officer and property management were notified of the situation.

The courtesy officer obtained a key and unlocked the door, at which point the officers entered to clear the apartment. All rooms were clear except for the room adjacent to the kitchen.

EMS was notified and arrived to declare the individual deceased, at which point the officers contacted the coroner.

The mother of the deceased man was contacted by her county’s police department, at which point she was informed of the entry situation and her son’s condition.