Viral in the Valley: Graduation fashion

Avery Mock
Clemson grads in flowery fashion.

Graduation can be a bittersweet moment for students, a time of goodbyes as they come to the end of one journey and the beginning of another. Many emotions arise during this time of year as students try to cherish their last moments at Clemson. Every sleepless night before an exam or stressful group project suddenly becomes nostalgic as the days pass and the final moments loom nearer.

However, graduation is also a time of celebration, a culmination of years of hard work and perseverance. As you prepare for your final walk as an undergraduate, you can also prepare to receive your degree in style. By curating a fabulous graduation outfit, you can take on the future while feeling and looking your very best.

When searching for graduation outfits, it is essential to stay true to yourself. This moment is all about you and your hard work, so choose the outfit that makes you feel the most confident. Whether you cross the stage in a flowy dress or a structured jumpsuit, rest assured that your confidence and beauty will shine through.

But if you feel lost when navigating the world of graduation fashion, have no worries. Online shopping and ever-changing trends can make it challenging to choose, so here are some ideas to help you find the graduation outfit that is best for you.

The classic color scheme for a graduation dress is plain white, but that does not mean you can’t have fun with the simplicity. Playing around with dresses of different lengths and materials can take a simple white dress from basic to iconic.

Online stores such as Reformation and Revolve have a wide variety of unique white dresses, from sleek to flowy, that are sure to impress, but they’re on the expensive side. To find similar styles for a better price, check out Lulu’s, Hello Molly, Princess Polly or Altar’d State.

When looking for options outside the traditional white dress, look no further than Clemson’s local boutiques. Downtown shops like the Fizz and True Orange are great places to browse for dresses and accessories to spruce up your graduation outfit. These stores have great options in the classic Clemson colors, as well as fun patterns such as florals. By choosing colorful accessories such as headbands, jewelry and shoes, you can bring a simple outfit to the next level.

Your Clemson graduation will be forever cemented in your memories and photographs, so take the time to find the outfit that makes you feel unique and ready to take on whatever the future may hold. Whether you decide on a classic white minidress or a colorful ensemble, you will surely shine on the stage in whatever outfit combination makes you feel your best.