Cobb’s Coffee Corner: The Last Sip

Katie Bradham
A delicious spread from The Common House, perfect for one final corner.

On Sept. 1, 2022, the first Coffee Corner rolled off the press and sat in the corner of The Tiger’s TimeOut section. It was a small idea I pitched to then-Editor-in-Chief David Ferrara, and we decided to run with it.

Now, two years later, I’ve rated over twenty cafes, produced seven videos, brewed a few cups of coffee and made a million memories along the way. This project has been one of the most fulfilling I’ve done, and I can’t thank both The Tiger and our readers enough for staying with me this long.

For the final Coffee Corner, I thought it apt to do something just as egotistical as naming a newspaper column after myself: we’re going to rate my favorite reviews.

In third place is my review of All In Coffee Shop. It was one of the first we published, but far enough along to get a feel for how we wanted to structure these reviews. Additionally, All In is still one of my favorite places in Clemson, so sharing my love of its work was a pleasure. It’s an all-time article for an all-time cafe.

In second place is the Augusta Twenty review. This one was just funny. I’ve never been so revolted by a coffee shop, and I think I articulated that as accurately as possible. We also got some excellent video content, which was the only positive thing from our visit. If you’re thinking about going here, don’t — just re-read my article.

Finally, in first place is my most recent review of The Common House. I love this cafe and take any excuse I get to visit. I’m truly proud of the article and video review — they’re the final culminations of my work on this column. Every sip of coffee, every word written and every video edited prepared me to review this wonderful cafe properly.

And with that, Cobb’s Coffee Corner has come to a close. If you’ve read this far, a sincere thank you. My final request to you, dear reader, is to visit your favorite cafe, grab your favorite drink, raise it high and take one last sip with me.