Clemson Bridge students lose on campus access

Matt Mynes, Photo Dude

Bridge students can no longer scan into on-campus buildings.

On Tuesday, Clemson University released a statement announcing that Clemson Bridge students will no longer have access to on-campus facilities and buildings.
The decision was made due to overcrowding and complaints of weird behavior caused by the Bridge kids across campus.
“We decided this was the best way to control crowding across campus,” one of the University faculty members said. “They were crowding the gyms and dining halls and creating an overall ruckus.”
Restrictions will be effective immediately, and all Bridge students will receive refunds for their current meal swipes. The University has instead provided an alternative to support Tri-County Technical College funds. Rather than the meal swipes they obtain on Clemson’s campus, they will be given meal swipes for use at the Tri-County cafeteria in the Student Success Center.
Since the part-time Tri-County students can no longer access buildings and facilities, they will no longer be able to attend clubs on campus.
“I am honestly happy… Fike was getting too crowded, and some of the Bridge kids used to wear jeans at the gym; it was very unsettling,” a current Clemson student said.
It appears that the Clemson Bridge kids will have to wait until they get their credits and a 2.5 GPA before they can regain access to the Clemson campus.