Tyson and Hall named to All-ACC teams

Ashleigh Snyder // Senior Photographer

PJ Hall (24) and Hunter Tyson (5) were honored by the ACC on Monday for their accomplishments in the 2022-23 season.

Clemson forward Hunter Tyson and center PJ Hall were recognized by the ACC on Monday, as both were named to an All-ACC team.

Tyson earned All-ACC First Team honors, marking the senior’s first appearance on an All-ACC team. In his breakout season, Tyson has averaged a team-high 15.7 points and 9.5 rebounds per game. He has also shot the ball well from deep, making 41.3% of his 3-point attempts. 

This occasion marks the first time a Clemson basketball player has achieved All-ACC First Team honors since the 2015-2016 season when former Tiger Jaron Blossomgame was named to the first team.

Hall was named to the third team and is close behind Tyson in points and rebounds per game with 15.5 and 5.6, respectively, this season. Most recently, Hall scored his 1,000th career point against Notre Dame on Saturday, becoming the 45th Tiger to surpass that mark. 

Tyson and Hall’s achievement also marks the first time that two different Clemson players have made an All-ACC team in 15 years; the last such time was in the 2007-2008 season.

Clemson will look to use these two standouts to make a run in the ACC Tournament, which begins later this week.