Hall, Clemson snap three-game skid in dominant fashion vs. Seminoles

Ashleigh Snyder // Contributor

Clemson forward/center PJ Hall (24) backs down a Florida State defender at Littlejohn Coliseum to help solidify the Tigers’ 94-54 victory on Feb. 15, 2023.

On Wednesday night, the Clemson Tigers dominated the Florida State Seminoles, winning by a score of 94-54 at Littlejohn Coliseum.

The Tigers started the game hot, getting out to an early 16-3 lead in the first five minutes, and they never looked back. By the end of the first half, they led by 21 points against the Seminoles.

Despite recent rebound woes, Clemson (19-7, 11-5 ACC) was finally able to dominate on the glass, out-rebounding Florida State 34-20. Seven of the Tigers’ 34 were offensive rebounds, compared to the Seminoles’ three.

Clemson’s defense held its ground, holding the Seminoles (8-19, 6-10 ACC) to 42.9% from the field. They were also able to force 16 turnovers from them, scoring 31 points off of those turnovers. 

The Tigers also found success beyond the arc, shooting 48% from 3-point range on 12-of-25 attempts.

Junior forward/center PJ Hall led Clemson in points, scoring a game-high 20 for the Tigers. Most notably, he was perfect from the 3-point range, going 4-for-4. Chase Hunter also made his mark, pouring in 18 points and adding six assists in the win.

The 40-point margin of victory for the Tigers is the greatest against an ACC opponent in school history.

Wednesday’s win also snaps the three-game losing streak for the Tigers, who earned their first victory since Jan. 28. It also marked the team’s 11th ACC win this season, which ties for the most in-conference wins in school history.

Thanks to a huge bounce back over Florida State, the Tigers will look to use this win as momentum. Their next game is at Louisville on Saturday, Feb. 18, at 7 p.m. EST.