Letter from your Outlook Editor

To start off, hello and welcome to Clemson!

I just wrapped up my freshman year here at Clemson, and it has been unforgettable. I am jealous of every freshman entering the Clemson Family this upcoming semester and all of the exciting things you all will experience for the first time!

When I first decided to attend Clemson, I had never toured the campus. I had no clue what I wanted to major in, and I was not even sure Clemson would be the right fit for me.

This being said, the memories that I have made here and the beauty of the campus assure me that there is nowhere else I would rather be.

I joined The Tiger in August of 2022, and it has been such a rewarding experience that I look forward to continuing for the next three years and meeting some of you along the way.

When I first joined, I bounced around between a few sections, unsure of what I wanted to write about. Eventually, I found that the Outlook section was my favorite to read and write for because of the wide variety of topics that it allows us to cover. I love to see people pour their passions into articles, and I enjoy analyzing many different points of view.

The Outlook section also highlights many important student perspectives on current issues through Speak Up!, guest columns and editorials that highlight how students feel about relevant topics, which I believe is important.

That said, just like some of you, I didn’t always know what I wanted to do, and that’s okay! This is a great time to branch out, try new things, lean into the uncertainties of life and trust the outcomes.

While the shift from high school to college may seem a bit overwhelming initially, you will soon find a deep love for this community and its hills.