Letter from your News Editor

Katie Bradham // Video Editor

Emma Vick is entering her third semester as The Tiger’s News Editor in the fall of 2023. 

As I am about to begin my third semester as News Editor, I am beyond excited to see where The Tiger, our growing staff and the new freshmen class go over the next year.

Looking back, I am forever grateful for the many lifelong friends and countless experiences I will never forget. As an out-of-state student, like many of you, I came here hoping to find the biggest adventure possible.

After these last two years of being a Tiger, I find myself fulfilled in all my adventures on this lively campus. The time really does fly, so I challenge all of you to soak it all in and enjoy the first year by getting out of your comfort zone.

For me, that was joining The Tiger to find my voice as a news writer while finding the people that genuinely lift me up and doing as much as possible to live in the moment. Focusing on the future is important, but make sure you live in the now.

Although coming to college for the first time can be intimidating, this first step is just the beginning. Don’t be afraid of where you start; just make your time as a Tiger count, and listen to your callings!
— Emma Vick, Class of 2025