Basketball on Bowman set for Oct. 29

Kim Montuoro, Contributor

Clemson men’s basketball head coach Brad Brownell stands along the sideline of Littlejohn Coliseum. 

Clemson Basketball is nearly here, with the first regular season game for the men scheduled for Monday, Nov. 1. and the first game for the women on Nov. 10. Fans will not have to wait until then to get a taste of Clemson Basketball, however, as Basketball on Bowman will take place on Friday, Oct. 29. 

The tip-off event, which will feature both the men’s and women’s basketball teams, will begin at 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 1 at Bowman field. It will last one hour and admission is free for those who attend.  

This event serves as a great opportunity for students and fans to get a feel for the rosters this season. Each player on the men’s and women’s teams will be introduced at the beginning of the event.  

After the introductions, there will be other entertainment, including team intro videos, shooting contests and skills challenges.  

Additionally, fans will be able to see performances by the Rally Cats, Spirit Squad, Tiger Band and DJ Sha. 

After making the NCAA tournament last season, Clemson’s men’s basketball team will look to make its first consecutive NCAA tournament appearance since 2011. Leading the men’s team is Head Coach Brad Brownell, who signed a two-year extension on Oct. 1 that links Brownell with the team through 2026.   

Although equipped with talented players, such as point guard Nick Honor and shooting guard Al-Amir Dawes, Clemson will miss former forward Aamir Simms, who was recently released in the NBA by the New York Knicks, and other talented players who transferred. 

As for the women’s team, which finished with a 12-14 record last season, they will face tough competition in the ACC once again. Five ACC women’s teams are ranked in the preseason AP poll, and Clemson will have to play all of them during this season’s regular season.  

Leading the charge for the Tigers will be Head Coach Amanda Butler. Having only coached at Clemson since 2018, Basketball on Bowman will serve as an excellent opportunity for fans to get to know Butler and her team before their season tips off in early November.