Solé on the Green is a hole in one in Clemson

I think I’ve found the place my soul loves with the beau who makes me happy. If y’all are looking for a local restaurant that is not only good but has beautiful views, then look no further than Solé on the Green at the Walker Golf Course.
I’ve been here twice so far, and I know that I will be going back very soon. The first time I went I wasn’t sure what to get. I went for the smoked duck confit that comes with whipped potatoes and sautéed veggies, which was absolutely amazing. I would honestly give anything for those whipped potatoes because they were plate licking good. I honestly don’t think they had to wash my plate after I left there. However, what I really loved was the chilled shrimp and bacon dip appetizer. It was a great way to start the meal, and I could have just eaten that because they give you so much. You won’t go hungry here.
The second time I went I thought I would go for a burger for something more relaxed since it was a weekday. I had the BBQ burger, and I can promise you that it was the best thing I’ve ever had. I wasn’t sure how BBQ was going to be on a burger, but I’m up to try anything so I did. I also wanted to try their salad, so I got it with the lemon vinaigrette dressing. The dressing was absolutely perfect. It was a light dressing, so it was a great fit for the kind of dressing I normally go for. You can’t go wrong with something that’s less in calories and ten times better. What I really loved though was the bacon cheddar grit fritters. All I can say is that the sauce on them was so good that I was even eating the decorative lettuce just to get another bite of that sauce which I washed down with my Arnold Palmer.
The one thing I love about this place is that there’s nothing else like it near Clemson. I can’t wait for colder weather when they turn on the heaters, and I can sit out there and eat with my forever dinner date while glancing out onto the golf course. It doesn’t hurt that they have TVs outside that you can watch for big games. Solé on the Green does have specials, and I’m sure they’re great because everything else they have is! I know sitting outside doesn’t suit everyone’s needs, but they make it nice. They automatically bring you water before your butt even hits the seat, so if you’re a sweater then no problem: you have water to cool you down while you wait. Or if you’re allergic to the outside, then they have a nice area inside to dine in.
I really want to try their Sunday brunch, so if you get a chance to before I do then let me know how it is! Until then, the TimeOut staff will always be on the look out for great places that you can experience and enjoy with your favorite people too.