Speak Up!: “How do you feel about campus safety here at Clemson University?”

Speak Up is a collection of student opinions on relevant topics around campus. The Tiger interviews randomly selected students to hear their thoughts on the question at hand.

This week, The Tiger asked: “How do you feel about campus safety here at Clemson University?”

“I feel pretty safe on campus. Sometimes I get here super early in the morning at like 7:30 a.m., and I always feel pretty safe. Maybe there could be more training in case there were an active shooter, but I know that’s a challenge that every institution faces.”

— Lindsey Steffen, a first-year graduate student in communication

“I feel like the campus is actually really safe. I’ve never really seen something dangerous happening here. I feel like everyone is so helpful here and if you ever need anything you can just ask anyone. One point of being in a safe community is being helpful people.”

— Mounir Chehab, a freshman general engineering major

“I think our campus is pretty safe. I really appreciate how we’re able to access our locks with our phones. I think that’s a really cool feature.”

— Kamryn Geary, a freshman health science major

“Walking around I do feel safe, but in regards to guns and stuff specifically, I really don’t know that much about what’s already in place on campus.”

— Connor Fraley, a junior political science major