Clemson men’s basketball in-conference schedule released

Matt Mynes
One of the Tigers’ biggest wins of the 2022-2023 season came against the Duke Blue Devils. Clemson will travel to Duke on Jan. 27, 2024.

The Clemson men’s basketball team knows its 2023-2024 in-conference slate after the ACC announced the in-conference schedule for all basketball teams on Tuesday night.

The Tigers’ season is headlined by many tough matchups, including a home-and-away series against both North Carolina and Miami. The Tigers will host the Tar Heels on Jan. 6, 2024, for the first in-conference home game of the season; they will then head to Chapel Hill, North Carolina, to face them in the second match on Feb. 6.

Likewise, Clemson will make the trip to Coral Gables, Florida, to face the Hurricanes, who made the NCAA Final Four last season, in early January. The Tigers will then host Miami on Feb. 14 in a Valentine’s Day faceoff.

Two more notable matchups for Clemson include the blue-chip Duke Blue Devils in their home territory of Durham, North Carolina, on Jan. 27, closely followed by the Virginia Cavaliers, who finished at No. 14 in the AP Top 25 last season, at home on Feb. 3.

Clemson will open and close ACC play away from Littlejohn Coliseum. The team’s Dec. 3 matchup in Pittsburgh against the Panthers, who made the NCAA Tournament in March, will serve as an in-conference kickoff. The Tigers will close conference play in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons on March 9.

The Tigers thrived in ACC play last year, earning 14 wins to set a University record for conference play. The team will hope to kick off another great year in Littlejohn Coliseum when the season opens on Nov. 6 against Winthrop.