It’s starting to feel like fall

Clemson // Courtesy
Here are some movies and television shows to get you in that autumn mood.

According to the calendar, it is officially fall. But in South Carolina, it may not feel like it just yet. Lucky for you, I have a list of movies and shows that will make you want to break out your sweaters and pumpkin-scented candles.

1. Practical Magic
Two witchy sisters in a town that is anything but ordinary, trying to navigate their new lives with children, curses and an unconventional family. Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman are so captivating it’s almost spooky.

2. Remember The Titans
Nothing says fall like Friday night lights. In this uplifting 2000s film, high school students come together and fight stereotypes on and off the football field.

3. Gilmore Girls
Where you lead, fall will follow. A cozy small town filled with coffee and warm scarves is exactly what you’ll find in Stars Hollow, Connecticut. The mother-daughter duo takes us through the struggles of high school and beyond while being witty and full of love.

4. Gossip Girl
Fall in the Upper East Side, what could be more exciting? We follow a group of teenage socialites through prep school, social functions and their huge New York holidays. A taste of fall and drama. You know you’ll love it.

5. Sweet Home Alabama
New York fashion designer Melanie finds herself engaged to the most eligible bachelor in the city. But back home in small-town Alabama, her actual husband awaits. Reese Witherspoon is witty and full of spunk in the 2002 film.