How to stay motivated near the holidays

Here+are+5+motivators+to+get+you+through+the+rest+of+the+semester.+
Matt Ragland // Unsplash
Here are 5 motivators to get you through the rest of the semester.

Thanksgiving break is almost here, which leaves only a few weeks until final exams and Christmas break! But before we can celebrate the holidays, we have to make it through the final weeks of the semester, when assignments pile up and it feels like there is not enough time in the day. Staying motivated these next few weeks can be tough, but here are a few suggestions.

1. Grab a holiday drink

All of the campus Starbucks have released their new winter drinks. There is nothing like a hot coffee or hot chocolate in a bright-colored cup to boost your serotonin before a study session!

2. Go for a walk

I know it can be hard to find time to exercise or recharge while cramming for finals and trying to complete last-minute assignments, but just taking 30 minutes to walk outside can give your brain the break it needs.

3. Make a study playlist

It is important to make the most of the time you dedicate to your school work, and the perfect playlist can help keep you focused. Jazz, classical or instrumental versions of your favorite songs are perfect to keep the vibes up without distracting you from the grind.

4. Make a plan

It can be overwhelming to look at everything you have to complete. Breaking it down can make your workload feel a little less heavy. Grab your planner or a piece of paper and plan out each task. This will help you feel more organized and ensure that you don’t forget about anything.

5. Keep your study space clean and organized

It can be difficult to prioritize a clean space when you have so many other tasks to complete. However, being able to find everything you need right away will keep your stress levels to a minimum and make you feel prepared.