Meet the Editor: Emma Vick

Emma Vick is entering her third semester as The Tigers News Editor in the fall of 2023. 
Katie Bradham // Video Editor
Emma Vick is entering her third semester as The Tiger’s News Editor in the fall of 2023.

Hi everyone! My name is Emma Vick, and I am the current News Editor for The Tiger. This is my third semester as our News Editor, and I absolutely love all of the rewards and challenges that leading the news section brings. Every day looks different, and I help cover any current events happening around Clemson.

My “home” is on the first three pages of our print editions, where I design the layout for news and assign stories to writers who help paint a picture of everything on campus. I was looking for clubs to join before my first semester and joined The Tiger before I even set foot on campus. I filled out the interest form on The Tiger’s website and eventually became a member later that semester.

After my first meeting, I wrote anything I could get my hands on, and the rest is history. I must say, it was one of the best decisions I’ve made because I have made lifelong friends and gotten to expand my writing portfolio while making such meaningful connections.

Outside of the office, I am a junior Financial Management major from Glen Allen, Virginia, with minors in accounting and management. My eventual goal is to become a licensed financial planner, but I also aspire to continue writing articles when I have time on the side as a freelance reporter once I graduate in 2025. My heart has always been with writing and reporting, but I have grown to love editing and producing other written talent.

I strongly encourage anyone who has a passion for writing or multimedia to reach out to The Tiger to learn more about how we make a difference at Clemson. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions or visit our website at thetigercu.com.