All signs point to Taylor Swift being a Clemson fan

Jacon Citron
The Tiger mascot poses in front of the crowd in Memorial Stadium during the Clemson football’s game against Wake Forest on Oct. 7, 2023.

Taylor Swift has definitely done greater things in her life than dating the guy on the football team, but now that she runs straight home to the guy on the Chiefs, there is reason to believe that she is also a Clemson fan (especially over the Gamecocks).

It is no secret that Swift is a big fan of felines. She has done multiple interviews about her cats, Meredith, Olivia and Benjamin, and briefly mentions them in a couple of her songs — “Karma is a cat/ purring in my lap ‘cause it loves me.”

The Scottish Fold cats are a close cousin to the tiger, sharing about 95.6% of the same DNA. Meanwhile, the last time the global superstar was seen with a chicken, it was fried with a side of Seemingly Ranch.

Swift loves to win, as her 12 Grammys will demonstrate. And so do the Tigers.

Clemson holds the all-time Palmetto Bowl record at 73-42-4 and plans to add another tally to the win column on Saturday. Cruelty wins in the movies, but we’re not lost in a film scene, so the Gamecocks shouldn’t be too hopeful about this upcoming game. The Tigers may have been at a low point last year when playing South Carolina, but there is no reason to get lost in the memory.

As we now know, Swift runs straight home to the guy on the Chiefs, meaning Kelce is familiar with a few Clemson football alumni. Wide receivers Cornell Powell and Justyn Ross play alongside the tight end, who recently stole the singer’s heart.
There are 43 other former Clemson players throughout the NFL, while South Carolina only has 27. None of the former Gamecocks play for the Chiefs, though some play for their AFC West opponents, the Chargers and the Broncos, alluding to some bad blood between Swift and the SEC school.

If this weren’t enough evidence, two of Swift’s albums are associated with purple and orange. “Speak Now” is strongly represented by purple motifs and dresses, while “evermore” is correlated with orange. She is very fond of these colors, and they are seen all throughout The Eras Tour. It is important to note that zero out of her 10 albums are associated with the color garnet.

Although Taylor Swift has never declared a collegiate football team, every single day until the end,’ she would be on the Tigers’ side. So, baby, let the games begin when Clemson takes on South Carolina at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday in Columbia, South Carolina.