Tiger Briefs: Jan. 25

Spring Career Fair to take place Feb. 6-8

At Littlejohn Coliseum, the spring Career Fair will take place with over 350 employers attending to speak with students on Feb. 6-8. The Career Fair is open to all majors and academic years, and employers are available to discuss full-time job opportunities and internships for students to participate in. Construction, technology, manufacturing, engineering and sciences majors will be able to attend on Feb. 6 and 7, with social sciences, humanities and business majors attending on Feb. 8. Reach out to Brittany Neely at [email protected] with questions or the Clemson Career Center website for more information.

Women in Leadership Conference presentation proposals due on Jan. 26

The 2024 Women in Leadership Conference will take place on March 2, with the theme set as “Your Time, Your Terms.” The submission form is open to all students, faculty, staff and Clemson community members interested in proposing an educational session for the conference this year. Applications close this Friday, Jan. 26. To apply, visit TigerQuest.

Third annual Leadership Week to take place Feb. 24-March 2

The third annual Leadership Week, hosted by the Center for Student Leadership and Engagement, will take place from Feb. 24-March 2 to celebrate Clemson leaders and students with events, prizes and spotlights available for students. This year’s theme is “Framing Your Future,” with additional information to come. To stay up to date on the events happening during Leadership Week, sign up on TigerQuest. Email Nina Pinto at [email protected] or Christopher Spellman at [email protected] with any further questions.

SCDOT to pave roads in Clemson

The South Carolina Department of Transportation plans to pave two major state roads in the Clemson area this summer, according to Clemson city engineer Nathan Hinkle.

SCDOT intends to pave S.C. 133 and College Avenue north from Calhoun Street to Six Mile.

Additionally, SCDOT has outlined plans to resurface Old Cherry Road, commencing from the existing three-way stop, then heading south across the railroad tracks past the DNR office, and continuing to West Queen Street, near the T. Ed Garrison Arena.

The work is set to take place over the summer, with a potential start date as early as April and a completion date extending to September at the latest.