Tiger Briefs

Clemson // Courtesy
The Samuel J. Cadden Chapel, will be open from 7 a.m.-2 p.m. from Oct. 9-13 as a trial run to see if there is enough student interest.

Board of Trustees meeting on Oct. 5-6

On Oct. 5-6, the board of trustees is having their regularly scheduled quarterly fall meeting, where they will be discussing educational policy, student affairs, research and economic development and finance and facilities surrounding the University. Meetings will take place from 8:30 a.m. until 4:10 p.m. on Oct. 5 and 3 p.m. on Oct. 6. These meetings will be held in the Madren Center in the Executive Board Room. For more information and to access the meeting agendas, visit https://www.clemson.edu/administration/bot/meeting-agendas.html.

Ten percent off Paw Points from Oct. 2-8

Clemson students will receive 10% off all Paw Points purchased through the Clemson Home dining portal, which will be available until Oct. 8 at 11 p.m. While Paw Points are nonrefundable, they will roll over each semester until students leave the University.

Mocktails and Mentors on Oct. 5

On Oct. 5 from 5-7 p.m. in the Watt Family Innovation Center Atrium, the Gantt Multicultural Center will be hosting Mocktails and Mentors. This is a networking opportunity for students to mingle with peers, sip Tiger-themed mocktails and foster relationships with a new faculty, staff or alumni mentor. Contact Iman Johnson at [email protected] or 864-656-8631 with questions about the event. RSVPing on TigerQuest is highly encouraged.

Tigerama on Oct. 6

Clemson’s annual homecoming celebration, Tigerama, takes place this year on Oct. 6 at 7 p.m. in Memorial Stadium. This year, Tigerama features a unique combination of traditional and transformational components. Just as in previous years, the audience can expect the crowning of the 2023 Miss Homecoming Queen, fireworks and appearances from the Rally Cats, Tiger Band, the football team and student music groups. The show also includes a concert by world-famous rapper Waka Flocka Flame.

Samuel J. Cadden Chapel extended hours

Currently, the open hours for the Samuel J. Cadden Chapel, located on Clemson’s campus, are 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Campus Reservation and Events administration agreed to extend the hours to 7 a.m.-2 p.m. from Oct. 9-13 as a trial run to see if there is enough student interest. Students are free to utilize the new chapel hours during the trial run to help raise awareness for the extended hours.