Exploring the beauties of Ireland: The Cliffs of Moher

Alexis Williams

Despite its rainy reputation, Ireland is home to some of the world’s most beautiful landscapes, one of which is the Cliffs of Moher. After seeing its natural beauty, there is no denying why this is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Ireland.

Located on the west coast of Ireland in County Clare, the cliffs stretch almost 5 miles long. Despite their length, they are very easy to access, allowing visitors to see all of the things they have to offer. In order to get a good view of the landscape, visitors have to climb a set of stairs to get to the highest point of the cliffs, which is approximately 700 feet above sea level.

The cliffs are divided into two sections, the north and south platforms. The south platform held O’Brian’s Tower, indicating the highest point of the cliffs. There were walking trails on both the north and south platforms, allowing visitors to see all sides of the cliffs and their extended qualities. One of the most interesting things about the cliffs is that there is a fence that separates the paths from the edge, but instead of a traditional wooden fence that would commonly be seen in the United States, it is entirely made of stone and extends throughout the entire cliffs.

In addition to their beauty, the cliffs are also home to multiple bird species, such as puffins, choughs, peregrines and fulmars. After exploring some of the trails on both sides, it was easy to determine why this landscape is labeled one of the prettiest attractions in Ireland. If you find yourself in Ireland, I highly recommend you check it out!