‘The Bachelor’: Clemson edition

Ashleigh Snyder
Students have received the opportunity to be Clemson’s “The Bachelor.”

Clemson University, will you accept this rose?

“The Bachelor” franchise is famous for helping an individual find love by dating multiple singles at once in hopes of finding one perfect connection. And while a large portion of the viewership of the show is made up of college students, it would be nearly impossible for the average Clemson girl to drop everything and apply to be on a reality television show.

Have no fear, though, because social media accounts “clemsonuchicks” and “clemsonbarstool” have decided to launch their own version of “The Bachelor” after the 28th season of the popular TV show began just over four weeks ago.

The accounts posted the announcement with directions on how to apply and who was eligible on Feb. 5. Applicants were instructed to send a photo along with their name, hometown, major, picture and a fun fact about themselves to the “clemsonuchicks” account.

“Bachelor season is here,” the social media account stated. “A bunch of different chicks accounts have done it in the past and are still doing it, so we decided to hop on the trend and do it too!”

Out of the submissions, 20 men were selected and posted with their information on Instagram on Feb. 13. When asked how they made the selections, clemsonuchicks told The Tiger it put all nominees into a random wheel generator to pick 20 for the final contestants.

Every week from now on, the remaining contestants will be asked a new question and have their responses posted on the clemsonuchicks Instagram page. After the post is up, there will be polls put up on the Instagram story to vote on which contestant will be eliminated for that week. Voting is anonymous, and one man will be eliminated each week until the final bachelor is left.

At the moment, nothing has been revealed about what will come once the final bachelor is selected.

Clemson girls may not have gotten their chance with Joey this season, but now there is an opportunity way closer to home. The journey to find love for these 20 handsome singles is only just beginning, and while there may not be rose ceremonies or cocktail parties, Clemson University is counting on you to choose who will be the first Clemson Bachelor.

Overall, the results of The Bachelor: Clemson edition are up to the followers of clemsonuchicks, so make sure to vote for your favorites every week!