Tigers take home two golds at the Big 10 Invitational

Clemson Athletics // Courtesy
Clemson rowing took home two golds at the Big 10 Invitational.

Over the weekend, the Clemson women’s rowing team took home two gold medals in its 1v4 and 3v8 boats on day two of the Big 10 Invitational tournament in Sarasota, Florida. These two first-place finishes improved the Tigers to a reputable three first-place finishes on the season. They also added two silver and three bronze medals to finish the tournament.

Saturday was arguably the Tigers’ best outing of the season so far, as both their 1v4 boat and 3v8 boat finished with approximately the same eight-second difference from second place and cleared away from the pack, finishing in open water.

The success did not stop there for the Tigers, as the 1v8 came up 0.043 seconds away from a silver medal but still took home the bronze in a race that showcased some of the best 1v8 boats in the country.

“This final round was our most successful,” head coach Stephen Frazier Wong said. “I’m excited to see what they can do next weekend in Raleigh.”

Encouragement from their head coach and continuous improvements on the water for the Tigers are hopeful signs for things to come for Clemson rowing fans.

The team will finish their season at the Lake Wheeler Invitational on April 26-27 in Raleigh, North Carolina.