Victim identified after shooting at Clemson townhomes leaves one dead

David Ferrara, Editor-in-Chief

While the investigation is still on-going, police surrounded a vehicle that appeared to have gunshot markings with police tape.

The victim of a homicide at the Village Green Townhomes off Tiger Boulevard has been identified, according to a statement released by Pickens County Coroner Kandy Kelley.
Gerard Traver Ouellette, 24, was found laying on the ground outside with gunshot wounds, according to a press release by City of Clemson Police. The department has ruled the incident a homicide.
City police received a 911 call around 1 a.m. Saturday morning, and responded to the scene shortly thereafter. Eight police vehicles were on the scene by 2 a.m.
Clemson University sent out a safe alert at 1:21 a.m., reporting of “possible gunshots” reported at the residential complex.
The safe alert encouraged all to take shelter until they receive an all clear notice, which was sent four hours later.
“Due to the location of the report and unknown direction of travel of possible shooters, CUPD sent out a CU Safe Alert,” said Joe Galbraith, spokesperson for the University.
The University has confirmed that the victim is not a student.
Anyone who may have information about the incident is asked to contact Lt. Gooch at 864-624-2007.
An earlier version of this article claimed that the incident occurred at the Village Creek Townhomes, but the incident occurred at the Village Green Townhomes. The Tiger regrets this error and has since corrected it.